There’s something truly magical about being a New Yorker – after all, it’s one of the most famous cities on earth. In 2018, NYC welcomed 65.1 million visitors*, of which 13.6 million were international visitors.
But amongst all that tourism, what makes a true New Yorker? Here are 10 things that you’ll only relate to if you are a true New Yorker:
1. You can’t remember the last time you drove a car (and you’re now thinking, ‘where is my driver’s license?’)
2. You can navigate through the busy streets of NYC, whilst on the phone, wearing a face mask and hail a cab at the same time
3. You always get excited when there’s a film crew in your neighbourhood
4. You can spot tourists from a mile away
5. Your Tupperware is mostly made up of plastic delivery containers
6. Your fridge has at least one box of left-over take out
7. You’ve fallen asleep whilst standing on the subway – usually with an elbow in your face
8. You think a reasonable price for a cocktail is about $20
9. Your diet consists of pizza
10. You avoid Times Square at all costs
What else do you think makes a true New Yorker? Let us know by commenting below.
If you’re looking for a new assignment, we have lots of roles available. Please check out our latest roles here or call us on 646-779-7960.